Ariel Re hosts Bermudian students
Ryan Mather, CEO, Ariel Re.
Ariel Re has obtained approval from the Prudential Regulatory Authority, the Financial Conduct Authority and Lloyd’s to launch a managing agent at Lloyd's of London.
The new managing agency, Ariel Re Managing Agency (ARMA), will assume the management of Ariel Syndicate 1910 together with SPA 6117 from Argo Managing Agency Ltd.
Ariel Syndicate 1910 started underwriting in early 2008 and today Ariel Re employs almost 100 people worldwide.
“Both ARMA and our managed syndicates will benefit from streamlined administration and efficiencies, as well as the ability to leverage the expertise and resources of the Ariel Re group,” Ryan Mather, chief executive officer of Ariel Re, said.
Darren Lednor will be the managing director of ARMA. He has more than 25 years’ experience working in London and Bermuda in a career covering underwriting, broking, risk and actuarial roles.
Other ARMA team members include:
- Mark Pickett, head of underwriting management in London, who will assume the role of active underwriter of Syndicate 1910 and SPA 6117. With 15+ years’ experience in financial services, he previously held roles with J.P. Morgan, Lloyd’s and Argo Group.
- Anouchka Gokhool, chief financial officer, who has almost 20 years’ experience in the insurance market. She held senior roles at Catlin and Tokio Marine Kiln and was most recently director of syndicate finance for Hiscox.
- Jon Poole, chief actuary, who has 20 years’ insurance expertise, including a prior spell with Ariel Re. Most recently, he served as chief actuary for Blenheim Underwriting.
- Rebecca Knowles, chief risk officer, who joined Ariel Re in January this year with 15+ years’ experience in the insurance market. She most recently served as deputy chief risk officer of Asta Capital Limited, having previously held senior roles in risk and capital modelling at Catlin/XL Catlin/AXA XL.
- Martin Vincent, syndicate controller, has worked in the insurance industry for almost 20 years and was most recently head of syndicate reporting for Hiscox.
- Natalie Dick, compliance officer, who brings 25 years of experience to her role. She has worked in compliance for a variety of companies including Amlin, Chubb, Ark, Barbican and Arch Insurance.